Hardly anything in the digital world is currently being discussed as much as data protection. In an increasingly globalized economy, an essential issue is the so-called transfer of personal data to third countries. At the latest after the Schrems II ruling of July 16, 2020 (C-311/18), the particular relevance of this issue became once again omnipresent.
Self-Regulation Information Economy (SRIW) and SCOPE Europe are specialized in industry-driven standards, so-called Codes of Conduct. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has also strengthened the role of codes of conduct. Currently, SRIW’s and SCOPE Europe’s major projects in this area include Codes of Conduct for pseudonymization in data processing, Code for Geodata Services and surely the EU Cloud CoC. Codes of conduct are a particularly effective in developing appropriate solutions due to their particular practical relevance. Because of its practical orientation, SCOPE Europe, together with industry representatives, has published a draft for so-called standard data protection clauses (SDPC) just in summer 2019. The post-Schrems era will be exciting, also, in terms of how approaches presented in the draft SDPC will find their way into other mechanisms, such as Codes of Conduct.
To this end, Jörn Wittmann, Managing Director of SRIW and SCOPE Europe, will moderate a digital panel discussion on „Codes of Conduct – The Solution for third data transfer“ at the Privacy Conference on the 29th September 2020 from 10.25am – 11.00am.
- Barbara Cosgrove, Vice President & Chief Privacy Officer, Workday
- Nathaly Rey, Head of Data Protection, Public Policy & Government Relations EMEA, Google Cloud
- David Stevens, Chairman, Belgian Data Protection Authority (DPA)
- Hilary Wandall, SVP Privacy Intelligence and General Counsel, TrustArc Inc.
- Host: Jörn Wittmann, SRIW e.V. / SCOPE Europe bvba
As part of the Deep Dive Workshops, 29th September from 2.00pm – 3.00pm about “Third Country Data Transfer”, also Frank Ingenrieth, Director Monitoring and Auditing, Legal Affairs von SCOPE Europe, will participate in the discussion.
- Mathias Cellarius (Global Data Protection Officer & Head of Data Protection and Export Control, SAP)
- Frank Ingenrieth, Director Monitoring and Auditing, Legal Affairs von SCOPE Europe
- Lorena Marciano (EMEAR Data Protection and Privacy Officer, Cisco Systems)
- Host: Markus Stamm (Senior Legal Counsel / Legal & Compliance, Nokia)
Bitkom Privacy Conference 2020
Date: 28.- 29. September 2020
Time: 28th September 5.00pm – 8.00pm; 29th September 10.00am – 4.05pm
Further information / Registration:
For more information visit the website the Privacy Conference.
Registration under: https://www.privacy-conference.com/tickets.