Spread over three days, six sessions will give you in-depth knowledge about the development of the world’s data privacy laws.
In Session 4 SCOPE Europe will share, alongside other outstanding experts’, insights in the whole process of drafting, negotiation, and the official approval of codes of conduct under GDPR.
Line-Up for Session 4:
- Antoine Bon, Legal Advisor, Belgian Data Protection Authority
- Paul Breitbarth, Director, Global Policy & EU Strategy, TrustArc
- Michal Czerniawski, Legal Officer, European Data Protection Board
- Gabriela Mercuri, Director Business Strategy & Manager Public Policy, SCOPE Europe
- Jonathan Sage, Government & Regulatory Affairs, IBM, and Chair, the EU Cloud Code of Conduct General Assembly
Additionally, Helena Wootton, Data Lawyer, & Stewart Dresner, Chief Executive, Privacy Laws & Business will guide threw the whole 75 minutes session.
Make sure to register today and find out more about:
The EU Cloud Codes of Conduct
- How the GDPR sets the rules
- The roles of the lead Data Protection Authority (DPA), the European Data Protection Board and an accredited monitoring body
- ·The benefits to industry, regulators, and consumers of an EU approved code
- The timetable for the drafting, negotiation, and approval of the Belgian and French DPA approved Cloud Codes of Conduct
- Scope of the EU Cloud Codes of Conduct
- The main provisions of the EU Cloud Codes of Conduct
- The organisational and legal challenges to design a code that covers all service layers within a highly innovative industry
Future EU Codes of Conduct
- Resetting privacy by introducing a co-regulation element
- Deciding on a competent DPA when developing codes for other sectors
- Lessons for other sectors e.g., health and financial services
For more information, please refer to the Privacy Laws & Business 34th Annual International Conference dedicated webpage.
We are looking forward to see you on the 6th of July!