Day: September 15th, 2020 | Time: 11.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. CEST | Place: WebEx Meeting
This announcement follows the recent European Court of Justice ruling, known as ‘Schrems II’, which invalidated the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, the personal data transfer mechanism relied on by thousands of businesses who now face uncertainty and disruption when transferring data to the U.S. The ruling could also impact businesses’ ability to transfer personal data outside of the EU to other countries. The EU Cloud Code of Conduct, the members of which include many European and multinational companies, announcing work is underway on a proposed legal solution for the transfer of personal data outside the EU.
Speakers at the event will include David Stevens, Chair of the Belgian Data Protection Authority (DPA), Lucrezia Busa, Member of Cabinet of European Commissioner for Justice Didier Reynders. Senior executives from EU Cloud Code of Conduct member companies will also speak, including IBM, SAP, Fabasoft, TrustArc and Cisco. A full list of speakers can be seen below.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions to speakers during a Q&A session. If you would like an interview with one of the EU Cloud Code of Conduct members, please feel free to get in touch to arrange, or in case you have any other questions or queries. Please see contact details for our press conference point of contact below:
Secretariat of the EU Cloud CoC
c/o SCOPE Europe bvba
- David Stevens, Chairman, Belgian DPA
- Lucrezia Busa, Member of Cabinet of Justice Commissioner Didier Reynders, European Commission
- Eva Salzmann, Senior Counsel, Global Privacy Legal & Data Protection Officer Europe, IBM
- Mathias Cellarius, Head of Data Protection & Privacy, SAP
- Helmut Fallmann, Member of the Managing Board, Fabasoft
- Hilary Wandall, SVP Privacy Intelligence and General Counsel, TrustArc
- Jörn Wittmann, Managing Director, SCOPE Europe
- Host: Lorena Marciano, Director - EMEAR Data Protection & Privacy Officer, Cisco